The Charity Fundraiser – Gut to Cut officially ended on Monday, October 24th.
The Mazzella brothers worked hard during the 6 weeks to reach their goals. Obstacles were conquered and both contestants met their challenges each week!
Official ending statistics;
• Both contestants achieved their body fat goals!
– Paul achieved 109% of his goal, losing 10.4 lbs and reducing his body fat from 17.1% to 14.8%
– Jay achieved 117% of his goal, losing 10.4lbs and reducing his body fat from 23.7% to 19.4%
• Jay is the official winner for total body fat loss
• Paul won 3 out of 4 physical challenges
Although the program was entertaining and did help the brother’s to get healthy, our main goal was to raise money for a good cause while having some fun. This goal was achieved and we have our generous members to thank for all their support and participation!
A total of $350 in donations were collected from members, employees, family and friends as “bets” on each contestant.
• Paul’s chosen charity St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital http://www.stjude.org/
• Paul will match the amount collected for Dr. Jay’s charity The National Vaccine Information Center http://www.nvic.org/
Thank you again for your support! If you would still like to make a donation see a member of the staff to select your choice and place your donation through the end of the month. For more information on the competition see our website page and look for future challenges involving members and staff!