HURRY AND JOIN!
OUR UPCOMING CHALLENGES START NEXT WEEK!
There is still time to get in on the action – Come join us for a 6-week restart and let us help get you back to your health and fitness routine. We have options to fit every schedule and budget.
NEED MORE INFORMATION? Join us on Thursday, September 15th at 7pm in the gym for an informative session on the challenges, get some helpful tips and get your questions answered!
Are you thinking about joining the fall challenges?
Here is what a few of our members have to say about the benefits of Eastpointe’s Challenges.
Body Transformation Challenge
Are you ready to lose fat and gain muscle? If you are ready for a true body transformation, your timing is perfect for our fall challenge starting on September 19TH!!!
Our focus on this challenge is not only to lose fat, but to get you stronger and gain muscle! If that is part of your goal, then this challenge is for you. Unlike our other challenges, our Fall Body Transformation Challenge gets you points and prizes for increasing your muscle mass. It is not just your average fat loss contest!
Here is how it works:
- Both men and woman can participate
- You register for the program at one of the 5 levels available (click here to see the levels)
- You have the option of scheduling a complimentary interview/health history and movement screening to help you determine which package is recommended based on your health history and ability
- You will get an initial, mid-point and ending weigh-in on our InBody machine to determine total pounds of muscle/body fat as well as water levels
- You collect your prize! AND you will look & feel fantastic for the holidays!
Over $1000 in cash and other prizes in total for winners in each of the three categories*
- Most lbs. of skeletal muscle mass added
- Most lbs. of body fat lost
- Largest % change in Body Fat %
*prize amounts determined by actual number of program participants that register.
Ready to lose the summer weight?
The 2022 Jeans Challenge is here just in time!
Photo above: 2019 Jeans Challenge Winners
We feel the timing could not be better for the most popular and successful of our challenges starting in September – The Jeans Challenge!
The fall season is the perfect time to re-commit to your goals and get focused before the holiday season starts! Our staff is excited to get you started. This program offers a comprehensive approach to battle those extra pounds that may have crept up over the pandemic as well as your summer activities.
Interested? Click here for more information & to get on the Jeans Challenge email list!
We are looking for serious participants in this challenge for 6 weeks and the BEST part is…your results are GUARANTEED! This is our 11th annual program; with participation numbers increasing each year! And with a 97% success rate, why would they be anything but committed!!
NEED MORE INFORMATION? Join us on Thursday, September 15th at 7pm for an informative session on the challenges, get some helpful tips and get your questions answered!
> Learn More
Restorative Yoga with Nancy
Eastpointe Health and Fitness is happy to announce the return of our monthly class of Restorative Yoga.
Restorative Yoga is a relaxing way to de-stress, re-energize and find balance. The practice is beneficial because restorative yoga works in a passive, not active manner and it places your body in shapes that are effective on both a physical and emotional level, without strain. It is a prop heavy practice, and you will be provided with the essentials to help you fully ease into the positions so you can truly ‘let go’. Each pose is held for approximately 5 minutes to allow time for the body to release. Bolsters, blankets and blocks will be used to help you into a relaxing position. Most of the class will take place on the floor with the lights dim and soft instrumental music playing.
This special 90-minute class will be offered once per month and will be taught by yoga teacher, Nancy Aufiero.
DATE: 1st Sunday of each month (starting Oct 2nd)
TIME: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
COST: $30 members / $35 non-members
** This class will be limited at this time to 8 participants each session and requires prior sign up. Payment is required at time of sign up.
It is important to wear loose comfortable clothing and no jewelry including watches. This will be a ‘no cell phone zone’ as well, so please leave your phone out of the room. If you have cotton yoga blankets at home, please bring them.
Please reach out to Nancy with any questions you may have. The front desk will be able to assist with class registration and payment.
You may also complete the form on the Restorative Yoga page to express interest in joining the class.
> Learn More
Chiropractic Care Can Help You Get Ahead of Allergy Season
While so many of us are excited for the fall, the return of seasonal allergies may hold us back.
If your immune system is functioning properly, your body will stop overreacting to perceived allergens. When it overreacts, the body over-produces mucus, which builds up to the point where it causes upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, and even digestive problems.
To get ahead of allergy season, schedule a Chiropractic appointment today. Your chiropractor can work with you to strengthen your immune system, align your spine, and allow your body to function better as it fights off allergies and other nasty bugs!
Chiropractic care can:
- Strengthen the immune system: Misalignments in the spine—particularly the neck—can disrupt the brain’s lines of communication with the rest of the body. Irritation in the upper cervical joint, for example, may compromise immunity and amplify allergic symptoms. By manipulating the joints and soft tissue, a chiropractor can restore the body’s alignment and re-open essential pathways between the brain and spine.
- Regulate stress hormones: Many allergy sufferers also have weakened adrenal glands, which means their bodies have a harder time moderating allergic reactions. Since the adrenal glands are fed directly by spinal nerves, a properly aligned spine can help regulate the amount of cortisol the body produces. This can help mitigate the severity of allergy symptoms.
- Support the respiratory system: Like the immune system, the respiratory system depends on an unimpeded flow of information to and from the brain. Chiropractic care keeps the pathways open, fortifying the respiratory system to better withstand allergic attacks.
Move into Fall with 4-Ways to Refocus
Now that summer has flown by with blistering heat and pace, it’s officially back to school time, which inevitably means you’ll most likely be getting back to some form of routine or returning to some structure. Whether you yourself are returning to school, or simply your children are, the school year months provide some needed structure when it comes to keeping to a fitness routine. While we’ll miss the free-wheeling nature of summer activities and plans, it sometimes comes at the expense of beneficial and healthy habits. Our fitness routines tend to get put on the backburner for large portions of summer, leaving the fall as a key spot to rebound strong and get reacquainted with our fitness passion. Here are some great ways to get back into the swing of things this fall:
1. Have Friends! – Find a workout buddy and bring a friend to the gym to get fit. Whether it’s a full-on gym newbie or a seasoned vet like yourself, having a workout buddy allows for needed socialization, new workout ideas, and added motivation!
2. Be Selfish! – By this I mean take an interest in an introspective or individual activity. Yoga and tai chi are both great ways to improve your mind, body, and spirit. Engaging in a new activity is a great way to add motivation and novelty to your fitness routine, while helping to improve both physical and mental health.
3. Set Goals! – Sit down and really think about what you want to get out of your fitness routine in the next few months and identify a clear concise goal or goals for yourself. Often we get lost just going through the motions with our fitness routines and lose sight of our purpose in the gym. Be sure to know what you’re working towards. Signing up for a competition or race down the line is a great way to get refocused.
4. Get a Head Start! – Get a head start on the holidays! I always like to enjoy myself and indulge around the holiday season, it’s a big reason why I try to be very consistent and dedicated in the fall months, when it comes my fitness and training. Working hard through the fall months and being in great shape going into the holidays allows for some guilt-free indulgence come Turkey Day! Be sure to start off your fall fitness in a great way and reap the benefits when the holidays come! Plus it allows you to start thinking about the holiday treats a bit earlier for extra motivation!
Health & Safety Related Reminders
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
- Keep a safe distance from others when possible
- Be diligent about washing/sanitizing your hands
- Clean your equipment before and after use
- Be respectful of others