If your “outdoor” workouts this past year depleted your muscle and you are ready to hit the weights… the 2021 Body Transformation Challenge is here for you!
Body Transformation Challenge
Are you ready to lose fat and gain muscle? If you are ready for a true body transformation, your timing is perfect for our fall challenge starting on September 21st!!!
Our focus on this challenge is not only to lose fat, but to get you stronger and gain muscle! If that is part of your goal then this challenge is for you. Unlike our other challenges, our Fall Body Transformation Challenge gets you points and prizes for increasing your muscle mass. It is not just your average fat loss contest!
Here is how it works:
- Both men and woman can participate
- You register for the program at one of the 5 levels available (click here to see the levels)
- You have the option of scheduling a complimentary interview/health history and movement screening to help you determine which package is recommended based on your health history and ability
- You will get an initial, mid-point and ending weigh-in on our InBody machine to determine total pounds of muscle/body fat as well as water levels
- You collect your prize! AND you look & feel fantastic for the holidays!
Over $1000 in cash and other prizes in total for winners in each of the three categories*
- Most lbs. of skeletal muscle mass added
- Most lbs. of body fat lost
- Largest % change in Body Fat %
*prize amounts determined by actual number of program participants that register.
> Learn More
Ready to lose the quarantine weight?
The 2021 Jeans Challenge is here just in time!
Photo above: 2019 Jeans Challenge Winners
We feel the timing could not be better for the most popular and successful of our challenges starting in September – The Jeans Challenge!
The fall season is the perfect time to re-commit to your goals and get focused before the holiday season starts! Our staff is excited to get you started. This program offers a comprehensive approach to battle those extra pounds that may have crept up over the pandemic as well as your summer activities.
Interested? Click here for more information & to get on the Jeans Challenge email list!
We are looking for serious participants in this challenge for 6 weeks and the BEST part is…your results are GUARANTEED! This is our 10th annual program; with participation numbers increasing each year! And with a 97% success rate, why would they be anything but committed!!
> Learn More
Group Fitness Update: Welcome September!
We are excited to see our members returning as well as some new faces coming into our classes!
Thanks to your feedback, we have made a few changes to our Group Fitness Schedule starting in September.
Effective September 1st
- Tuesday/Thursday 4pm Yoga with Allison L. is now a full hour: 4pm-5pm
- Tuesday/Thursday 5:15pm Total Body Strength with Allison N. is now a full hour: 5:15pm-6:15pm
Effective September 13th
- 5am Total Body Strength Classes are returning! Our Total Body Strength was moved to 6am with the shut down because many of our members were working from home. With teachers returning and people headed back to the office in September we will be resuming the 5am workouts.
To view the new schedule please click here.
Restorative Yoga with Nancy is BACK!
A Special 90-minute monthly class
Restorative Yoga is COMING BACK!
A relaxing way to de-stress, re-energize and find balance. The practice is beneficial because restorative yoga works in a passive, not active manner and it places your body in shapes that are effective on both a physical and emotional level, without strain. It is a prop heavy practice, and you will be provided with the essentials to help you fully ease into the positions so you can truly ‘let go’. Each pose is held for approximately 5 minutes to allow time for the body to release. Bolsters, blankets and blocks will be used to help you into a relaxing position. Most of the class will take place on the floor with the lights dim and soft instrumental music.
This special class 90-minute class will be offered once per month and will be taught by yoga teacher, Nancy Aufiero.
DATE: 1st Sunday of each month beginning October 3rd
TIME: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
COST: $30 members / $35 non-members
** This class will be limited at this time to 8 participants each week and requires prior sign up. Payment is required at time of sign up.
> Learn More
Top 5 Bang 4 Your Buck Exercises
By Mike Kubas
I’m going to try to make this one short and sweet in line with the topic at hand. I get asked a lot, “If I only have 15-20 minutes, I can’t really work out, so what should I do?” Well crazy thing is, you can work out in that short of a time period and some studies show more frequent, shorter, mod-high intensity workouts can be just as effective, sometimes more effective in the long run than your standard, long drawn out, “full” workout. In these situations, exercise selection is key. Not just to be sure there’s no wasted time transitioning to the next exercise, but also to be sure it’s a fresh muscle and that you’re hitting all the necessary movements.
Now these aren’t the exact 5 exercises I would use in a 15-20 min workout, but they are the exercises I feel are best suited for people who are crunched for time. Sometimes I even call these workouts the “Better than nothing” workout. Quite simply if you squeeze in 15-20 mins of exercise in spots where you would previously have foregone exercise completely, it really does add up, bring great benefit, and becomes a beneficial habit. Another way to look at this is if you could only perform 1 exercise for the rest of your life, which exercise would provide the most benefit?
1. The Deadlift – My personal favorite. This one hits large groups of muscles and allows you to move a lot of weight relative to your body weight. Both very important in building and maintaining a large amount of muscle mass. Glutes, hamstrings, low back, lats, traps all get crushed with this one making it an invaluable tool to learn and master. When used appropriately it’s great for back health and strength and it’s one of the best overall exercises you can do.
> Read More
Photo by Ivan Samkov from Pexels
Labor Day Weekend Hours
Saturday, September 4th & Sunday, September 5th
Regular Hours: Shore Results Training, Class Schedules and Childcare
Monday, September 6th
Main Gym Hours 7am – 12pm
Shore Results – no scheduled appointments or sessions
Holiday Class Schedule
- 8:00 – 8:45am – Spin with Melissa Fariello
- 8:00 – 9:00am Shore Results Special Holiday Metabolic Class
- 9:00 – 9:45am Strength & Core with Bonnie
- 10:00-11:00am Yoga with Nancy
EASTPOINTE INTEGRATED HEALTH CARE
Saturday, September 4th regular hours
Sunday & Monday, September 5th and 6th, closed
Health & Safety Related Reminders
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
- Keep a safe distance from others when possible
- Be diligent about washing/sanitizing your hands
- Clean your equipment before and after use
- Be respectful of others