People are always searching for the latest and greatest fitness secret to help them lose weight, burn fat and build muscle. Every time we turn around there is a new exercise/drink/food that claims to change your life and make you healthier than ever before in no time. But does it ever actually work? Well, maybe, but only for a short period of time and then next thing you know you are back to where your started or sometimes even worse than where you started. At Shore Results we have figured out what that great fitness secret is…….are you ready for it?……there is no secret! The only way to lose weight, build muscle and get into great shape is to CONSISTENTLY put in the work.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…” – Theodore Roosevelt
To help you reach your health and fitness goals we put together a list of simple tips to help keep you on track
- Move. Every. Day. – go for a walk, lift some weights or just do some stretches
- Protein at every meal, no excuses.
- Occasionally, instead of sitting, stand. Or better yet, squat.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Eat your veggies.
- To lose fat: do intervals, lift heavy and keep moving.
- To build Strength: do intervals, lift heavy and keep moving.
- To build muscle: do intervals, lift heavy and keep moving.
- To build endurance: jog or bike (also do intervals, lift heavy and keep moving)
- If you can deadlift your bodyweight but can’t touch your toes, strength is not your problem.
- If you can touch your toes but can’t deadlift your bodyweight, mobility is not your problem.
- To get better at pull ups – do more pull ups.
- Don’t be afraid to be uncomfortable.
- The best ab exercise is to eat more broccoli.
- Stay consistent.
- Have fun. Working out should be hard but you should still enjoy yourself.
These simple tips will help you stay on the right track to living a healthy and happy life. Always try to remember that simple does not mean easy, but they end result of is always worth it. There are no substitutions for hard work but, sometimes there are shortcuts, and that is where a coach comes in. Surround yourself with people who motivate, inspire and empower you and you will reach your fitness goals in no time.